Saturday, February 14, 2015

Successful Saturday


 

I spent my Saturday working on another UFO.

This is a Trip-Around-the-World quilt top that I started in August, 1997.

I had three of four quadrants finished. The fourth quadrant was missing blocks of the red print to finish. As I looked at it to try and figure out (again) how to finish it, It was suggested that I just leave the last row off and remove the very top row. I tried for a very long time to find that red and couldn't. It never occurred to me to just remove rows to make it a finished top. 

I spent my Saturday finishing the top, sewing all four quadrants together and adding two borders from the remaining fabric. 

My goal for March will be to tie and bind this quilt. I am so very happy to have this almost 18 year old project grazing the finish line.

I hope you all had as blessed a Saturday as I have.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.

2 comments:

Wendy B said...

sometimes it takes fresh eyes looking at it to see the answers. And yes, less is sometimes more! love how it's finishing up...congrats...I've got some of those looooooong-term UFOs too! xox love n hugs :o)

desertskyquilts said...

It looks great, and I never would have known you took anything off if you hadn't said so! Great job! Now if you were on my UFO list, you could really crow about this. ;)