Saturday moved on, but very slowly. My attempt at spending the "day" sewing on my Patriotic Row didn't even start until 2 p.m. Much later than I had planned. But it ended up being very productive.
Including all the interruptions, and there were many, I managed to get the first block sewn by bedtime.
It's not perfect, don't look too closely, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I still have a lot to learn about piecing and measurements. One of the things I'm not finding in most patterns is measurements during various stages of piecing, so I don't really know if I'm where I should be. But given that the block ended up going together, I guess I was :)
Still not feeling 100%, but I did manage to get some sewing done on Sunday, too.
This is block two and a school house. I have some embellishing to do, but the block is done.
I even managed to get the two blocks put together.
There are still two more blocks to do, but they will get done later in the week.
And to add to the productivity . . .
19 9-patch blocks that I used as leaders and enders :)
Two new coats for Rocky. He's finally outgrown the first one I made.
This is a great way to use up my scraps of flannel and fleece.
We had a snowy, sleaty mix to start the day. It wasn't measurable, but it was snow :)
Thanks for stopping by,
Wishing you a day filled with creativity.