Friday, September 9, 2016

Looking forward . . .

I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to Wednesday. It was the only day this week that I would be without any responsibilities away from home. And I took advantage of it.

My first load of laundry was washing at 5:45 a.m. The best laid plans - I had plans to dry the laundry out on the line but it started raining before Newton left for school. It continued to rain off and on all morning and looked threatening for the afternoon.


Between loads of laundry, I sewed the borders on the color and made the binding.

My priority goal for the week is to finish the flannel quilt which is a Christmas gift for Newton.
I can confidently say that goal will be accomplished since I spent the morning tying it. I have enough binding leftover from the previous baby quilts that I won't have to make new. I'm anxious and excited to accomplish this goal. Because it's a gift I can only work on it when Newton is at school.

Thursday, 

  
 

Yes, more rain is expected. I saw this gorgeous bird as I was almost to mom's. I don't know if you can make it out there by the "blue" car. I had to stop and snap a photo, even though it's not the best.

Mom and I had a very nice visit and she's doing fairly well. 

We did get more rain when I got home, and again later in the evening. I'm grateful for every drop.

In the meantime, I stopped and purchased a new Roman Shade kit so I can finish this project over the weekend.


I worked on Maggie's First Dance - Block 4.
I need to finish the applique stitching on Friday.

What a beautiful quilt this is turn out to be !!

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds like a great day. I wouldn't mind another good rainy day. It's been a couple of weeks, and I think all the flowers have about died. I'm so glad you get to go see your mom so often. It's good for both of you. You really used your time well.