Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Week

I am constantly shaking my head trying to wrap around the fact that it's the end of the year. Today is the 20th. I have four days to finish my gift sewing . . . No, it's still not finished!!!

I was shocked that it's been a month since I posted anything on my blog. It has been a crazy, busy month. So what have I been doing . . . 

I've spent time with mom. We enjoyed several visits with just us and had a Saturday baking session with my niece.



Newton kept great #10 busy playing with legos.

 

 

 

I spent a week and a half working an inventory. This part-time, temporary job totalled about 40 hours, meals were planned to be easy since arrival at home coincided with my guys coming home very soon after me.



There were doctor appointments, pharmacy runs, Christmas shopping. In between, I worked in my traditional Crispix mix that my family absolutely loves.



And I sewed, sometimes as early as 7 a.m.




And stitched, between wrapping gifts, cleaning up after dinner and prepping breakfasts and lunches for the next day.I




I am never happier than when I'm busy. I've been thinking about goals for next year. I already know that I want my main focus to continue to be on UFOs. I still have numerous quilt tops to finish into quilts. I have my flannels for next year's pajamas. 2018 is off to a productive start.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement, spoken or unspoken. 

I wish you a blessed, happy Christmas

And

A blessed, healthy and happy New Year.



(found on Pinterest)





1 comment:

Susan said...

How did I miss this post? You had a really busy month, and I wouldn't have guessed it was a month since you posted. We are both living too fast! LOL