Monday, May 21, 2018

Goals and Catching Up

It has been a really crazy time for me - not that it has changed much since the middle of January. I have really missed being able to share what's going on in my sewing room, but at least I've been able to keep up with your blogs and activities.

Mom is progressing nicely and will finish the last of her in home therapy this week. I'm still helping her as much as I can, usually a couple of days a week. 

Honey Do is also doing fairly well. He pretty much takes care of himself. I've been working hard to keep up my responsibilities at home although the gardens have not had much of my attention. We did get the vegetable garden tilled and straightened out, so it's ready for planting. Unfortunately, it's been so chilly and wet that the only thing I have planted so far is a celery I rooted in my kitchen window. I'm hoping to get some done this weekend.

So here's what I've been up to:

1. Crazy Quilt Block
- continue stitching
no progress here :(

2. Starry Night
- assemble block and post
DONE




3. P&N BOM
- prep block for class
DONE *

4. Baby Quilt
- quilt
no progress

5. Mystery QAL #1
- continue quilting
making progress, but not much

6. Bee BOM
- add sashing
DONE for April *



7. Mom - PJs
DONE *

* forgot to get pictures of all of these.

8. Bear and Color Challenge BOM
DONE

 

I chose to do some fancy stitching with my new machine. I really like the way it turned out, especially on the back of the block.


Here are my goals for the rest of May:

1. Crazy Quilt BOM
- get back to stitching

2. Fall into a Quilt
- block 1

3. Mystery QAL #1
- finish quilting

4. Mystery QAL #2
- finish cutting out pieces

5. "Bee" BOM
- assemble May block

6. P&N Baby Quilt
- quilt and bind

That should keep me busy this week and into the long weekend.


Thanks for stopping by,


Wishing you a day filled with kindness.




Verse of the Day


for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfil his good purpose.


Phil. 2:13 NIVUK


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed you got so much done. I think the problem is, when you get things done in small dribs and drabs, it seems like nothing! There's more a sense of accomplishment when you can sew for a bunch of hours in a row. =)

Allie-oops Designs said...

So good to hear this about your mom and hubby!!!! I'm impressed you get as much done as you do - your quilting is lovely and that bear is so cute. The star is amazing!!!

K Reeves said...

That is great news about your mom and hubby! Soon you will be back in your sewing room on a more regular basis. In spite of that I see progress on many fronts,MSP you are still managing to move forward!