Sunday, March 8, 2020

And We Are Off . . .

To a very productive start


My swap partner for the pin cushion swap really loves gnomes and I really wanted to make her one, but felt I had  run out of time. I decided it was something I could do and I would just send it separately.
Now it's finished and will go in the mail to her this week. Isn't he adorable?

He was so cute, I thought I would make more for the gift box and share them when a need arises.


Last Saturday's mail brought me a surprise box of love and goodies !!


Among flannel and a pretty heart print were two of these panels. They made perfect baby quilts. All that's left to do is quilt and bind them, this week.

Something else fun in the box . . . 


My next project and finish is this bunny panel that was also sent to me by the lovely Susan !! She is an absolute sweetheart and keeps me grounded and on the straight and narrow. She also keeps me in projects. I dressed up this adorable panel with the ribbon bow at the ear, a little bit of lace at the waist and hem of her pinafore. I think she turned out adorably. She will be making her way to Arizona for a sweet little girl (age 7) that can never have too much lovin', as soon as I figure out what to send big brother (age 9).

I will spend the rest of my day catching up emails, blogs and planning my week. A trip to Mom's is planned for Monday, but the rest of the week is mine. I have goals that need accomplished in order to stay on track.

Thanks for stopping by,


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6 NIVUK






3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Looks as though your home has been gnomed!! They are absolutely adorable!! What do you fill them with? I know that when I'm stabbing blindly at a pin cushion, I want it to stay put and so I'm more prone to use crushed walnut shells or sand in my pin cushions, and if the pin cushion has soft stuffing, I need two hands to push a pin into it. Maybe I need to be taught how to push a pin into a soft pin cushion with one hand!!!

Allie said...

Dang girl cute stuff!! Love that bunny!

Susan said...

Oh, I love what you've done with those things already! The bow and the lace on the bunny are just perfectly precious. I know she will love it. Too bad we can't sneak in a super hero. LOL But maybe a book would be appropriate? Let me see what I can think of, or ask Ernie about. The quotation is perfect.