Sunday, January 31, 2021

What Am I Reading

 Since high school I have loved to read. My tastes have changed considerably from my introduction to Harlequin Romances. They got me through all the awkward years. I graduated to the more adult romances of Danielle Steel and the like. As a young adult, I was introduced to Nicholas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans. I'm not exactly sure how I made acquaintances with James Patterson, Nora Roberts and Fern Michaels. Over the years I have tried to find new authors and even new genres. In the past year, I have discovered some local authors that I have enjoyed (D.M.Pulley). I've even read some of their recommendations (Gregg Hurwitz).

Last year I joined The Good Reads Reading Challenge. I challenged myself to read 52 books, basically one per week. I ended with 54 books. I'm horrible keeping track on line and their logging program isn't very user friendly. I decided to keep a notebook instead to log my progress. For 2021 my goal is 75 book.


Here's what I read in January:

1. The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy Book 1 

 Nora Roberts




2. The Book of Lost Friends 

 Lisa Wingate




3. Where the Crawdads Sing 

 Delia Owens



4. A Time for Mercy

John Grisham



5. One by One
Ruth Ware


I'm always looking for new authors. I signed up with my local library and had them pick some books for me. There were several new to me authors that I'm looking forward to reading in the coming weeks.


So what are you reading?  Let me know.






1 comment:

Susan said...

Ha, ha, I'm reading anything that crosses my path. The #3 book, what did you think? I heard such great things about it, but I found it boring and couldn't get through it. That never happens to me! It might have been that I was reading it last year and it required too much from my brain to participate in reading it. =) But I don't plan to try again. I'm reading a new tribulation series by Mark Goodwin. I loved his Noah and Elijah series, so I hope I like this new one as much.