Thursday, June 15, 2023

Scrap Happy - June 2023

 We turned another calendar page. Am I the only one shocked by the fact that it's already June 15 !!??


Thank you Kate for hostessing this blog post. Follow the link to see what everyone else has been working on.


As for me . . . a lot, just not in the sewing room. I've spent almost all my waking hours the last two months in the garden . . .



Hauling soil



Filling in beds




Weeding and mulching

 


Growing garden


The gardens look great, in my humble opinion.


The sewing room. . .

not so much.


The water heater went out Sunday afternoon. Some of my fabric was stored in the laundry room and had to come out to make room for the replacement. Honestly, I haven't had time to put it away. The water heater was replaced on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday, the boiler was replaced. We knew both were going to need replacing in less than five years from purchasing our house two years ago. In fact, the last service on the boiler said we would be lucky to get two more years. That takes two major expenses off of the to-do list. It's gotten a whole lot shorter. And thank God for His provisions. We are truly blessed.


I received another blessing over the weekend.



Honey Do working on a semi-secret project for me.


When we moved in, we found a frame to what I thought was a chair. Well, it was a garden bench. Honey Do started sanding and grinding away all the rust, he painted it, cut and stained the lumber and then enlisted Sister and I to paint the motif on the back supports. Then he assembled it.



Now it sits proudly in the front garden. Isn't it beautiful? Someone else's scrap has become my treasure. I'm such a lucky girl !!


So a new month begins. I'll start by sending this pile of scrap flannel to a friend for her guild service project. 

 



Then cleaning and putting things away. There are lots of plans for sewing scraps and getting busy sewing in general, especially since the garden will be less demanding going forward.


Have a scrap happy month.

2 comments:

dq said...

I love all of your beautiful garden work!

Susan said...

I do love the bench, and look forward to seeing it and maybe sitting on it this fall! The gardens looked great in June and probably better now and close to harvest. Yay!