Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Terrificially Productive Tuesday

My day started extremely sluggish today.  So much so that after Honey Do and Newton left for their days I went back to bed for about an hour.  When I got back up, I felt like my old self and ready to get some things done.

I think part of my problem has been our weather.  We are experiencing another Arctic front.



This evening's temperatures (around 9 p.m.) was 8 degrees (F) but it feels like -4.  The wind is REALLY cold.  The furnace is working over-time.  It was a really good excuse to stay home today :)

So, I got my laundry caught up.  Everything is washed, dried, folded and put away :)  YEAH ! ! !

In the meantime, I got reacquainted with my sewing machine.  Remember this:



I spent today working on the pouch portion of this little project.


I've still got some more hand sewing to do on it, but it will be done this week.  I think it's adorable.
You can find the pattern and instructions here.  It's a three-part series on making the hexies and the pouch.  She has links to the other two parts.


I also pulled out another UFO !!!  I started collecting and making these when I worked at JoAnn Fabrics.  This particular one is dated 1999 - I'd already left and had a couple more jobs.  They are BOM kits.  I found several in my "stuff".  I don't have all 12 of these - at least not at the present moment, but I'll finish the blocks I do have and maybe set them aside in hopes that I find the others.  If I don't, I've already decided to either use solid blocks for the ones that are missing or as my BFF suggested, make a wall hanging from the ones I do have.  That would work really well too.  I have at least three more of these collections to work my way through.  One UFO at a time :)


Thanks so much for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

Love'n'hugs,

e



No comments: