Thursday, July 3, 2014

This week just went !

It's amazing how quickly this week has flown by. Half the week was spent out of the house, so consequently, I don't feel like I accomplished much. But we did :)

I feel like my biggest accomplishments this week were getting carpets cleaned,


and filling this bin. These are the strips of fabric that I used to make my rug. I finally have all the strips sewn together. I would sew two strips together and in between would sew a fish for vacation bible school. It's called chain sewing. For me it was multi-tasking because I worked on both projects at the same time. I've sewn 400 fish and this laundry bin of strips together in the last few weeks. 

Another major accomplishment this week:


My vegetable garden is weeded. It still needs mulch and new weeds are popping up, but at least I know that my carrots are coming up. I'm praying over my peas because something is eating them. I spent this evening putting old bird cages over a couple of zucchini plants and a pepper plant because the deer are back and eating my garden again. I'm not as impressed with them this year. As you can imagine, a lot of work goes into your garden, and free-loaders aren't welcome :(

On a positive note, we have enough fresh broccoli already to make broccoli salad for the weekend.

 
                                                                           

Aren't they gorgeous? 

* * * * * 

So what are your weekend plans? We have a three day weekend to celebrate Independence Day on Friday.

Friday is also FNWF. Don't forget to sign up with Cheryll at Gone Stitch'.
I'm working on my quilt and sewing crabs for Vacation Bible School. There's a team of six of us working very hard to get things together and ready.

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sewed yesterday and today! Yay! Your garden looks great!