Thursday, January 26, 2017

Happiness is . . .

 

Making progress.

As hard as I try to get things done, especially on the sewing machine, Rocky knows !!! And he's so stinking cute that I just can't tell him to go and lay down and let me get my stuff done :)

So I've been making progress on my goal list.


I managed to get all the applique done for Growing Up QAL.


The white background fabric even has hearts on it :)


I even managed to get the red background sandwiched and quilted.
I now have two blocks for the new quilt. I'm going to do a few more before I decide on sashing colors/prints before I start putting blocks together. 


However, I did decide on a layout and borders. My graft isn't to scale, just more for a visual layout.


 

New project - I know, but I found this pattern when I was reorganizing them last weekend. I found it on Craftsy, I'm pretty sure it was a freebie. BF had a VW in lime green and I thought it would make a fun cushion for the porch :) So I got my fabrics and have gotten as far as cutting out the pieces. Hoping to get at least the layout done this weekend - if not the applique.

Next up, I finally got to work on the lace cabin background. It's amazing how long it can take to sew one seam !!!



I had a beautiful glittered sheer fabric that I'm overlaying on the "snow". The last block was pretty dark, so I needed something pretty to work on for this final block. Hoping to at least get the tracing of the stitching lines drawn for the weekend.

Still need to get my 9-patches done and the PJs, but I'm still feeling pretty good about my week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.







2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow I LOVE that heart, so pretty!!!!! I'm laughing about your VW quilt - I've had that pattern for probably 10 years, I used to belong to her Yahoo group. I remember when everything she did was free! I don't think I could live long enough to do all the patterns I have by her, but I sure do love them.

Anonymous said...

I like that snow fabric. That's going to be terrific on this block! Your hearts are great. I had sent an e-mail to her but didn't get a response, so I'll see what happens when the second block comes out. Are you making a whole quilt of hearts, or each quilt takes two of each block?