Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Priorities and Goals

As the end of the month approaches, I have to review my priorities. I could spend all day sewing, making quilts, doing embroidery. And if I didn't have a family, pets and home to care for - I would !!

As Monday dawned damp from the Sunday rains, cooler - forecast is for a high of 65 degrees - I need to concentrate on household chores. The laundry is caught up except for a load of sheets and a mattress pad. There's some deep cleaning, like behind the refrigerator. The stuff you put off because it's just not that easy to deal with and is usually time-consuming. Monday was that day. There's no in-between the fun stuff for these chores, or they'd never get done.

I did manage some sewing time at the end of the day.



The binding has been sewn on to the quilt.

Goals for the week of May 15, 2017



1. Redwork Quilt
I'd like to see it finished this week.
- Sashing - DONE
-Border - DONE
-Binding - on, but not completely finished




2. Easter Wall Hanging
- Final stitching - DONE
- Assemble - not yet




3. Tilda Doll
- Put the doll's body together - DOEN


4. Salem Witch Quilt
This is a new project that's going to take a year to do.
- draw off panel one - not yet, put it away for now

Goals for the week of May 22, 2017

1. Redwork
- sandwich and quilt border
- binding

2. Easter 
- assemble

3. Growing up QAL
- assemble monthly block

4. Tilda doll
- hair

5. Pull next UFO :)

This is actually a pretty easy week, going into the holiday weekend. Honey Do is planning on adding Friday for a four-day weekend. Newton will also be home on Monday for another three-day weekend (second one in a row). We have plans to be around the house - pulling up carpet and planting the vegetable garden :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the red quilt all together now. Fabulous quilt, and you moved it right along! We had that super cool day today, and it was so lovely. Rain was yesterday. And it'll be back this weekend. Enjoy that 4-day weekend. I can't remember when I last cleaned behind the refrigerator. LOL