Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Hump day progress report

My week got off to a productive start.

I spent Monday morning choosing my next stitchery project since I got the last two blocks of the Sheep done over the weekend.

Here it is:


Yes, it's almost done. It was supposed to be a kitchen towel but I didn't like the fabric for that, so I cut it up and will frame it for my guest room. 


Another goal this week was to label the Redwork quilt. I got it done and put a simple little border around it from the scraps.

I tried working on the lace cabins, but found when I was sandwiching rows four and five that I was about 1/3 yard short of fabric. It's now at a standstill until I decide when to go and get more fabric. It was very frustrating. 

Consequently, Tuesday I didn't sew at all. I have other projects to sew, but it's not really what I wanted to work on. I did manage a fair bit of time in the yard catching up on things that were let go because of the heat and waiting on someone else to do their part. I got tired of waiting and did things myself. The weather was perfect. Low 80s, sunshine and breezy. So perfect in fact, that the rains held off until after 9 p.m. and were done before bedtime. The gardens are flourishing, even if the weeds are trying to take over :)



Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a week filled with creativity and productivity.




1 comment:

desertskyquilts said...

Oh, a Little Red Hen day - I have those sometimes, too. =) Your progress on your NEW stitchery is amazingly fast, and it's very pretty. You are accomplishing a lot, even with the lace cabins hold up.