Thursday, April 5, 2018

Spring Break Overload/overwhelmed


Winter just doesn't want to go away this year. What was supposed to be a "trace" became accumulation. Staying close to home and a good excuse to sew :)


I am on spring break overload. 

Newton is on spring break this week.

Honey Do has been enthusiastic about walking in the metro parks for the last few weekends, Saturdays and Sundays. 

Newton is working part time a few days during spring break helping setting up and tearing down for one of the local shops at the annual sewing and quilt expo.

Mom is still in rehab, only for the rest of this week.

And the reason for feeling overloaded/overwhelmed?



My sweet husband thought I deserved this wonderful, almost make dinner, piece of heavenly technology 😜🎉😜🎉😜🎉😜🎉

Yes, I finally got a decent, work horse of a sewing machine. I'm overloaded/overwhelmed because I don't have time to play on it.

Newton needs rides back and forth to work, he doesn't have his driver's license yet.
Mom, obviously still needs help with her daily activities including banking and laundry.
And I could never say no to spending time with my husband.

I'm managing to squeak in whatever time I can to play and learn my machine.

To that end, Honey Do purchased the entire year of Block of the Month classes at the store designed to help us get to know our machines. This is my first block (times two).


My first class introduced me to three very sweet ladies who were there for the same reasons and were very encouraging. I also learned to make the "chenille stem". What a fun little trick that is !!! and I machine appliqued the leaves and flowers (the center of the flowers will be buttons). Don't look too closely, I get an adjustment period to get comfortable. My homework is done, the blocks are finished. Now I need to prep next month's blocks.

Since the snow is making travelling a little treacherous and Honey Do isn't feeling up to snuff, I'm staying close to home and will be "playing". 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.

Verse of the Day

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Hebrews 13:16 NIVUK





4 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful husband. I am lucky to have one like that too :) Your block looks brilliant, so does your chenille work :)

Tracy said...

What a wonderful reason to be overwhelmed! It’s a good thing it is cold and snowy, it gives you a good reason to stay in and sew!

Anonymous said...

At least you won't be getting into trouble - you're too busy! LOL I didn't realize that was what he was buying on top of the machine. You should know everything about that beauty by the time the year goes by! Your first block looks lovely. I keep checking your weather on my phone, but spring just isn't coming!

We are having pouring rain - since 4:30 this afternoon! It's going on all night. I'm hoping it will move east faster than north and miss you! The color of the sky combined with the misty sprinkles about 4 o'clock made it feel like November here.

At least it isn't freezing and it isn't snow - though it could be for a short time tomorrow afternoon. Won't look like what you have, though! I hope you actually do get the peeks of sun promised for the next two COLD days!

K Reeves said...

What a lovely gift from your husband!! Great to have that class to help you learn some of the cool things you might not take time to explore on your own. Hoping that things beg to calm down in your life soon!