Sunday, June 24, 2018

Wednesday/Thursday goals

My goals for Wednesday and Thursday were to be at home, alone, no outside distractions to work on my BOMs. Things didn't go exactly as planned. In fact, everything just rolled over into the weekend.

Wednesday started out with rain and a walk,
then got to the sewing machine.

I finished one more of the sewing class blocks of the month . . . 


I tried to finish the second block for Starry Night. It didn't go as planned, I got frustrated and it end up in the trash. At least I tried :)

I moved on to the Color and Color Bear challenge.
This went much better.

All the pieces for Color were cut and all the pieces for Bear were traced and transferred to fabric which I cut out Thursday morning.

Assembly went much faster too. Both blocks are completely assembled and quilted.



 We had lots of rain on Friday and Saturday. Friday I got to meet my sister, oldest niece and her four boys for lunch. It was a very nice time together. 

My sister had leftover hay that was not going to be used. I could have it for my garden if I wanted. 



I spent these two days untying and spreading the hay. It makes a good mulch and compost in my vegetable garden. This picture doesn't show it but I got it all spread and the aisles covered. Looks really clean now that the weeds are all covered. Hopefully they will suffocate under the hay and my trampings. Everything has doubled in size over the last couple of weeks. And I've lost none of my plants. Happy girl :)

Thanks for stopping by,

wishing you a day filled with kindness.


Verse of the Day

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 

1 John 2:1-2 NIVUK




No comments: