Wednesday, February 27, 2019

February's Middle and End

February's middle and end are converging for me. It took until the middle of the month for me to move on to this month's UFO project because I finished last month's during the first two weeks.


A fun quilt and finish.

On to February's UFO:


Choosing fabrics for the border. 


I sewed the strips 2.5 inches by the width of the fabric.
Then I cut them across at six inches and sewed those sections together.


Binding cut and sown.
I want to use this same fabric for the back. I don't have enough for the entire back, so I'm going to see if I can find more. If I can't find more, then I will have to do some piecing.


Top has been completed.


 

There are three blocks left from the top. I have all these cute nine patches and thought I would either make two "BIG" throw pillows or one REALLY BIG pillow to go across the bed. I'm still trying to decide how I want to finish them. 

I'm very pleased with the finish. Two/two and a half weeks ago, I had blocks and a pile of fabric and today I have a finished top. I'll continue to work on it to get the quilt completely finished, but I'm calling this UFO DONE !!!

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Colossians 3:15 NIVUK



1 comment:

Susan said...

Done and beautiful! I do like the dots for the back, but if there isn't enough, any of those colors could go with it, too.