Thursday, May 2, 2019

April Goals - End of Month Report

I had some pretty big goals, let's see what I got accomplished in the month of April.

1. 12 Things Challenge #11 - JoAnn's 1996 BOM



This is one of my oldest UFOs. That was the main reason for putting it on the list for this year.

To start, none of the blocks were assembled as I thought, so I had to start from scratch. I was hoping just to have the top assembled by the end of the month. I quickly discovered that wasn't going to happen because there was a lot of handwork on these blocks, as in applique on almost all of them. 

I also kept having to remind myself that the purpose of the challenge isn't necessarily to get a UFO finished, but to make some progress on it regardless of how much progress you make. I feel like I made good progress because I have seven of the twelve blocks assembled and number eight has been begun.

 


 

 



I'm going to add it to monthly goals as a block of the month and see about getting the rest of the blocks done by the end of the year. It's not a finish, but I calling it a goal met.

2. UFO Challenge #12  - I Love Home


I wasn't sure how old this project was. I did some digging and found that it goes back to 2017. At least it's in the beginning stages of completion. I'm not sure which project side-tracked me from finishing it. The design is from Jacquelynne Steves.


The goal is to get the blocks finished and the top assembled.

 


I made some good progress on this one. The top is mostly assembled, still needs borders.


I have a planned mapped out on grid paper. I'm calling this goal met.



3.  "Believe" Block #3 

Applique the pieces - DONE






4. "Girls Getaway"

Continue stitching and finish block 2.








Almost made it !! I ran out of time and already have the next block. I'll finish this one first before I move on. All I have left are the flowers in the window box on the camper.



5. Scrap Vortex - in progress

Continue piecing.

Goal met.




6. Baby Quilt - DONE

Choose fabrics
Make #5

 


I was gifted all the fabric for this one from two different friends. The Care Bears front is cotton and the back is cotton flannel. Donation for Jack's Basket.



7. Doll Quilt/Gown - DONE
Make one more of each 


 


These will be donations to A Doll Like Me. 

8. "Gingerbread Village"

Stitch/assemble block #3

no progress

This came in toward the end of the month, so I didn't get to it working on other goals. Adding it to May.



9. One Christmas Gift no progress
- February - choose, make 
- March - choose, make
- April, choose, make



10. Sweet Land of Liberty (SLOL) QAL

- assemble first unit no progress

No progress here, except to purchase new fabric. I couldn't resist. All of these are one yard pieces and were $1.00 each. You read that correctly !! :) :) :)



I just couldn't let them go and the fabrics are gorgeous !!!



That kept me plenty busy for this month :) And I'm not disappointed by what didn't get finished because I still made good progress.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.



Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Colossians 4:2 NIVUK





1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't believe the price on the plaids!!! Was that a local store? You made a lot of progress in April, and it's so much fun to see the projects move along.