Thursday, June 27, 2019

June's Last Week

As per usual, the last week of the month is pretty busy. This month is no exception.

So here's what's been going on:

Lace


The mystery has been resolved.
This was NOT the lace used in my sister's wedding gown. She looked at it and knew immediately.

First, the lace wasn't white.
Second, the motif was larger in her bridal lace.
Third, she knew immediately that it was the lace Mom used in her dress for the wedding.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it to share, but I can tell you that it was beautiful.

End result, the lace is mine and I can use it for what I wish. I was going to use it in Girls Getaway but have since decided that two wouldn't go well together and am probably going to look for a eyelet that would be more suitable.


Next up, Newton has a job !!!
This is his first real one. The last two summers he's only been able to work in summer youth programs. Almost every job he applied for said he had to be 18, well now he is and nothing is going to hold him back except himself. 
The job is conveniently located as well, right down the street !!! All the fast food and groceries are in the same area. It's about a 5 minute drive. He's only worked two days, but is doing well and I couldn't be more proud of him.

I have been wearing my domestic hat lately. My kitchen has been thoroughly cleaned, I'm working on a bedroom and continuing to experiment with new recipes.


Three cheese tomato tart :)

Honey Do has lost 20 lbs. and I'm down about 5 - he has much more will power than I do and more to lose :)

And almost as exciting as Newton getting a job, my church installed a new senior pastor last Sunday.


Our congregation couldn't be happier or more supportive of him and his family.

And now, it's time to work some more on Scrap Vortex.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with all the things that make and keep you happy.


Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Colossians 3:13 NIVUK

2 comments:

Susan said...

That tart looks delicious! Kudos to you and your Huggy Bear for the weight loss, too. That is not easy! (How well I know. LOL) The lace is beautiful and you will find just the right place to use some of it. You will have to tell me how the preaching goes. I'm glad you did go to the installation.

K Reeves said...

Congrats to Newton on landing a job! Wishing him the very best, and you too, as you watch him become more independent. Glad to hear the mystery of the lace is solved, and you are free to be creative with it!