Saturday, June 15, 2019

Take 2


This has been one of those week's where every thing I planned fell by the way side. And God is laughing at me hysterically :)

I only had one day planned away from home and that was Wednesday. 

(laughing hysterically - soon to be manically)

Monday, I had to get a new router for the internet.

Tuesday, I had to run up to the local hospital to drop off a work permit for my son - yes, we are interviewing and trying really hard to get a job.
Wednesday, planned doctor appointment.
Thursday, a morning with Mom.
Friday, pick up signed work permit and take it to the school board only to be told I had to take it to the school and they are only working half days . . . Monday through Thursday !!!

Want to venture a guess how next week will start?

Add to that, the more on than off rain.

But it's all good. We want Newton to get a job and to have something productive to do over the summer and at long last it feels like he's on board and wants the same thing. It will be a good, positive experience for him. And what feels like a lot of running and chasing my tail will be worth it in the end.

As for the rain, it's a very good excuse to stay indoors and work on something related to sewing or stitching.



Mom gave me this gorgeous piece of lace a while ago. I was putting it away with Girls Getaway when a thought came to me.
This may be the lace from my sister's wedding gown. I called Mom and asked her if my sister knew I had it. She wasn't sure.

I called Sister, she isn't sure, but thought maybe. We are meeting for lunch on Tuesday and I'll take it with to ask her. I don't want to assume it's ok to keep and use if she might want it. If she is generous enough to let me have it, I want to incorporate some of it in my quilt and I'll make something sweet for her from the rest of it as a thank you for her generosity.


With all the running this past week, I wasn't able to get anything done in the sewing department. However, Friday afternoon I decided I had time for something before I moved on to my next goal. I started this block more than a week ago and was determined to get it finished. It's not perfect by any stretch, but that seems to be the issue with all of the kits I purchased years ago from JoAnn's. I don't know if they've improved any. I know the quality of fabric has gotten worse and I stopped buying them. I do have a newer kit that I collected  from their clearance section, but haven't even opened it yet.


And I'm leaving you with this beauty. 
Mom gave me this rose bush for one of my early Mother's days, so we are talking about 10 years ago or so. I was afraid this winter had done her in. But she's a fighter and after a good, hard spring trim, she's coming back beautifully. There are about seven buds, this is the first one to open.
It never ceases to bring me joy and happiness at its beauty.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.



Verse of the Day

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 14:26 NIVUK


3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

I love the idea of using a piece of lace from your sister's wedding dress in a quilt as well as something for her!! Good luck with the kiddo getting a job this summer...always good for them to have someone besides parents and teachers telling them what to do!! Enjoy all the running around...I know I would rather stay home as well!

nwpaintedlady said...

Hi~ I like your block, it has a real Dutch feel to me. I think your right about the quality of the quilts and tend to shy away from them. Keep us posted on the lace too. It's beautiful :) Sharon

Susan said...

The lace really is pretty, and I can understand why you want to use it in the project. I hope she doesn't mind - after all, she's gotten by without it this long! =) A pillow from you would be a great thing for her to have, too. The block is different from any of that pattern I've seen, so someone was using some creativity. I don't buy many kits of anyone's, normally. Row by Row sometimes, and then a good friend gave me some that I need to sew, instead of picking up more. LOL The rose is gorgeous! Seven blooms - really rewarding you for your care.