Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving and a finish

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
To all my beautiful friends and family!!!

I enjoyed the day with my husband, son and mom. We cooked, ate and relaxed. Mom did some knitting and I did some stitching as we chatted. I hope everyone had a lovely day.

One of the groups I belong to has a UFO Weekend every month. As a group member, I was graciously invited to participate.  Of course, I accepted!! I have a mountain (only a slight exaggeration!) of flannel leftovers from years of making pajamas for the greats. I needed to do something with them.  I have decided to pull the feminine prints and make a scrap quilt. My time was spent  sorting and cutting all the scraps into usable blocks. 


I put all the blocks together into eight rows. The blocks are five inches square. The quilt worked out to a 36x60 inches. I found a leftover piece of batting and two pieces of flannel that I sewed together for the backing.
I did machine quilting and by Thursday morning, the binding was complete.


 

The quilt is ready to be sent off to it's new home.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.




Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Hebrews 11:1 NIVUK


3 comments:

Susan said...

That looks really good - great backing, too. I'm guessing you have enough other squares to make a boys quilt next. I'm still thinking about all the food yesterday - it was a lot!

Farm Quilter said...

Great way to use up those scraps!! It kinda reminds me of the tummy time quilts I've been making, but I used minky for backing/batting in one and put some ribbons between some of the blocks for little fingers to play with. Great way to use up those flannel scraps from the PJs!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great use of those scraps!