Sunday, May 14, 2023

Scrap Happy - May 15, 2023

 Scrap Happy Report


May is dawning beautifully with warmer temperatures and lots of new growth and chores. Some mornings are still chilly, but you have to love the sun rises. As you can see, there's lots of cleaning up to do but the gardens are going in and this past few weeks has made the gardens the main priorities.
 
I miss being in the sewing room and am conflicted because it's been so nice outside the last few days all I want to do is be out in the sunshine.
 
I don't necessarily enjoy gardening as much as a lot of people do, but I do really enjoy the end results.
 
Unfortunately, there's not as much progress as I would have liked in the sewing room, but some is better than none.
 
First up, a sensory board. I've never made one. When I delivered it to the teacher, she said her students were thrilled and couldn't wait to use it.


Next, a project I've been wanting to do for a long time. The stitchery is one I purchased from Elelfantz quite a few years ago. It worked up very quickly. The wood frame box was made my Honey Do for this project. I am thrilled with how it turned out.

 

This next project was from a Facebook group I belong to. I didn't quite do it the way the original inspiration suggested, but took off on my own tangent.

I love how it turned out and it became a wall hanging. The 2.5 inch squares are leftovers from the baby quilts I've been working on and as as the backing and binding. It used up some older scraps.

 

Spring Bunny baby quilts.

There's a total of four of these quilt tops and all were done similarly, just a few changes here and there. All used scraps from my stash. The center panels were purchased years ago when I worked at JoAnn Fabrics. I made a pillow out of one but the rest just waited for their time to shine. Once I quilt them, two will go to two little girls that moved in next door as welcome gifts, the other two will become donations. I love how they turned out and enjoyed the time making them.



 Thank you Kate for hostessing. Contact Kate if you would like to join the group. It's a great way to use up scraps and have a place to share your progress.

You can find a list of the other participants at the link.



3 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Is the box and frame for keys or letters, etc, to go in the entry? Such a fun idea!

Magpie Sue said...

Those little quilts are lovely. Well done!

Susan said...

Such lovely things, I can see why the garden-quilting conflict! The Jennifer duck is wonderful-so glad to see that finish.