Monday, August 26, 2013

Dog Days of Summer

 It's the last week of August.  This year has absolutely flown by.  


Newton is as ready as he'll ever be for the first day of school.

I will have to find something else to countdown now. :)


Along with numerous errands and Monday cleaning, this was how I spent my day.  I absolutely love putting my laundry out to dry.  I sorely miss these days when we're into winter and the cooler days, even though my favorite times of the year are autumn and spring.  I try to do as much laundry as I have on these warm, sunny days.  Honey Do helped put up two sections of line so that I have plenty of room to get it done as quickly as possible.  It doesn't take long when it's almost 90 degrees out.  There was a VERY warm breeze to accompany the sunshine today.


Other than the humidity, we had an absolutely gorgeous day!!!


Temperatures were in the upper 80s, almost 90.  We've had to resort to turning the air conditioner back on or we won't sleep at night.  Rain is forecast for mid-week.


My zucchini still has a few flowers on the vine, but appears for the most part to be done for the year.  I still have two very large ones sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting for some divine inspiration :)

To take their place, the tomatoes are starting to appear in abundance.  


And today's harvest of broccoli.  So much to be grateful for - counting those blessings.



After dinner play.  
My little buddy does it every night and then takes a good long nap.

I'm off to work on my stitchery and watch Mr. Selfridge.  I have a goal to get a UFO done this week.  Making great progress and very excited about the prospect.  This project is over a year old.

Thanks for stopping by.....


Wishing you a creative Monday.





No comments: