Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday - Already !!!

It just amazes me how quickly time flies around here.  I know it's not just here, it's everywhere :)  But I've still managed to get some things accomplished.

First, I made peach butter.  I had a couple-three pounds of peaches and about a pound of nectarines. The fruit was getting way to soft, and I hate wasting food, so I prepared them both and set them up in the crockpot and let it do all the work for me.  After the fruit cooked down, I ran it through a food mill and put it back in the crock without the lid to thicken up a bit more.  I managed to get two pint jars.  So very happy.


Peach/Nectarine Butter


Isn't this little cottage just adorable.  It's one of the patterns from Jenny of Elefantz's Home magazine from a couple of months ago. I drew it off  and it was all I had ready to stitch so I started it this evening.  I don't have much done yet, but it is just adorable and can't wait to get it finished.

Tried a new recipe:


Rocky Mountain Cereal Bars

2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. corn syrup
1 c. creamy peanut butter

Combine these in a large saucepan, over low heat.  Stir constantly until heated through and peanut butter melted.  Remove from heat.

6 c. Cherrio type cereal
3/4 - 1 c. dried cranberries

Add to the peanut butter mixture.  Stir until well coated.  Spread evenly in a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Let cool completely, cut into bars.  Makes about 2 dozen.

Our's are half gone, my guys really liked them.  The best part, with 90% humidity today, they are no-bake so there is no oven to add to the heat.

(downloaded from Pinterest)

Thanks so much for stopping by.....

(downloaded from Pinterest)

Have a great day.





No comments: