Friday, October 4, 2013

Procrastination

URGH !!!  Procrastination reared its ugly head this week.  Do you ever feel like you've taken two steps forward and 15 back??  That's how this week has felt.  Yes, I've gotten things done.  It just doesn't feel like it.  I don't know if I've been doing too much. . .  I don't know if it's the transition in season . . . or if I just feel like I need to be lazy.  I've been restless, feeling like I want to do something, but not really settling on anything specific.  I know that we need down time - to rest and recharge.  

Even trying to decide on meals has been a challenge this week.  I know I do much better when I have a menu, but I've been struggling.  I know that has to do with the weather.  It's still warm enough here in Ohio to not make it soup and stew season, but not so warm that you feel like you need to eat ice cream and cereal for dinner :)  Not that we ever do that, really, we don't.

So the weekend plans are to get the house straightened up and laundry caught up.  Stitchery, of course - that goes without saying.  Catch up the videos I've borrowed from the library with that stitchery.  The weekend menu is planned, just have to get the supplies.  And I think, since I'm going to be gone most of the day, that dinner tonight will be take out - probably pizza :)


* / * / * / * / * * / * / * / * / * * / * / * / * / *

I got to spend a lovely day with Mom yesterday.  I love having her to myself.  We did some cleaning, sorting and purging.  She is so appreciative of my help.  I always feel good after I've spent time with her.





This is how are day started.  I love the autumn skies.  There are so many colors and "emotions" going on.  It wasn't raining when I left, but it was forecast.  It was still fairly warm.  We're still getting temperatures in the mid 70s to low 80s.  That will change drastically in the next few weeks, by the end of the month for sure.




I ran into rain as soon as I left Mom's.  Then off and on all the way home. Unfortunately, all it managed to do was increase the humidity.  

Dinner was leftovers, helps with my feelings of procrastination.  I worked on my stitchery for a bit while I caught up phone calls and waited for Newton to come home from school and Honey Do from work.

Well, let's see if I can make Friday a bit more productive and get some stitching and sewing done.  I think I'm going to have my own Friday Night Sew In. I've got a birthday coming up very soon that I want to make the gift. More about that tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some fabric to go with the patterns I've chosen :)

Thanks for stopping by


Wishing you a creative day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's EXACTLY how I'm feeling today! I know I ought to be accomplishing something, but I just can't think of a single thing I want to do!

e said...

I'm not sure where you live, or blog from, but here in Ohio it seems like the weather really affects moods and procrastination. Today (Friday) it's 80+ degrees, humid and wanting desperately to rain but not. And at least for me, the humidity takes a lot out of my energy level. Here's hoping and praying we both have a productive weekend.