First the blessings . . .
We FINALLY got rain !!!! I'm itching to be in the garden. I really haven't had much opportunity with the trip and then Chewy's emergency. The ground is hard like concrete and just makes the work so difficult to do. Temperatures are forcast to be cooler too, that will help with motivation :)
Even so, there is so much beauty in my gardens. . .
I can't remember the name of this one - but I love the pale green and mauve pink of these bell shaped flowers.
This year, the rhodedendrun is the home of a robin. It's the first time one has nested in this bush.
The wind and rain was pretty strong last night, so this over-grown grass in my herb garden got pretty beat up. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this garden and continue to use it for herbs, or let it go and incorporate my herbs into the vegetable garden . . . decisions !! Those will hold offf until next week. More rain is expected Friday and Saturday. So Monday will be soon enough.
Honey Do has been at it again . . .
I have a new pen - "sewing" themed. Isn't it gorgeous? !!!!
Even though I haven't been blogging much lately (my heartfelt apologies), I have been trying to get some stitching done.
I have managed to catch up Wendy's BOF. I'm working on the fourth block.
They are so cute. It's a free series, so hop on over and get your copies of the patterns. They work up very quickly. And the next block has just been published.
Next on the agenda . . .
A-trip-around-the-world quilt. It's being linked to ALYOFs.
This quilt is more than 20 years old. It was my first attempt at a bed size quilt. It's all machine pieced and the top was suppposed to be finished in one weekend - two days - about six or eight hours each. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I ran out of the red tonal print. I spent a fair amount of time looking for it or something comparable that wouldn't look too much out of synch with the rest of the quilt. I couldn't find anything. So I put it away. Until this year. I realized I could finish it by just eliminating the last row. Off I went. The top was finished in an afternoon. Another afternoon found it sandwiched and pin-basted, ready for tying. And that's the goal for the rest of this week.
Time to get back on track.
Thanks for stopping by,
Wishing you a day filled with creativity.
Miss Orneriness, herself :)