Monday, August 3, 2015

August Goals . . . off and running


I managed to get quite a few 9-patches done over the weekend. These are all autumn and Christmas prints for my swap. I'm thrilled to have a jump start on this month's commitments. These are also perfect leaders and enders (if I'm using those terms correctly - I still have a lot to learn about quilting).

 
 December and January blocks


February block.

Two of the blocks had already been done, December was half done when I committed to making this my goal for August. The kits are dated 1997, so I've had them for awhile and they definitely qualify as UFOs. 
When I was tired of embellishing my Spring row, I started working on these. I got one block completely finished (December) and started on March. There is no rhyme or reason to the order except that the March and December packages were both open and I don't want to lose any of the pieces.

I also have a huge dilemma that will impeded my computer time. My laptop died over the weekend. I don't know if it can be repaired or what actually is wrong with it. So I am going to have to rely on the computers at the library. My blogging time will have to be cut down just because of timing. I'll blog as much as I can, at least three times per week. 

Without the distraction of the computer I should be getting a lot more sewing and stitching done :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your laptop died! How discouraging. Fortunately, there are a lot of cheap alternatives these days, like Chrome book, though there are a couple of things Regan found you can't do on those - I forget what, but he had to borrow mine to print his resume that was stored on the cloud. Of course, his is also an older CB. I love your goal for this month. How exciting it will be to get those blocks finished!

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear about your laptop. We just replaced a dead computer ourselves after managing a little over 3 months using just our phones. Hope you find a good resolution soon. But I bet you do get more sewing done. :)

KERYN B said...

That's so annoying about your computer but look forward to seeing your sewing oh and that gorgeous pup.

KaHolly said...

Good luck with your August goals!