While he took care of those things, I did things like laundry, menu planning, cleaning up the breakfast dishes and beginning the preparations for our evening meal. We spend quite a bit of money from his paycheck on groceries. With the added expenses this week and month, we really can't afford to eat out. I've also been trying some new recipes from this magazine.
It's been fun experimenting and trying new things and we've been pretty successful with our choices.
Once the chores were done, I was able to set aside some time to work on my Spring row.
This row suggests three butterflies and three flowers. I managed to get both of those sets done. I still have Sunbonnet Sues and embellishing to do. This row should be done this week. At least that's my goal for this week.
In between, as leaders and enders I managed to get two more of my star blocks done.
The first one is June and the second one is May.
Newton is finished with camp for the summer. I finished a study on Psalm 119 last week. Next week I receive the materials for the Bible study in the fall on Revelation. We don't have much to do to get ready for school which begins on August 24. Newton is looking forward to spending his time at the library - with computers, a game system and even lunch, he'll have plenty to keep him busy.
Hope you all had a good, productive weekend as well.
Thanks for stopping by,
Wishing you a day filled with creativity.