Saturday, February 25, 2017

Playing Hookey :)

I played hookey !!!!

I did what I talked about doing - planning and prepping ahead so when I got home from work I could cook dinner. That's how I started my day. It was decided Thursday morning that I didn't need to go in to work :) :) :)

So on to Plan B . . . 

I called BF and we scheduled an impromptu play date :)


We had such a god time, just being together . . . being friends - comfortable, talking about everything and anything, changing subjects in an instance.

We did our "show and tell".


 

I shared the redwork blocks that I sashed Wednesday evening. She's still working on lace cabin and began a new embroidery project called "Welcome". I have the pattern, but haven't done much with it. With her encouragement - that maybe on the list next week.

After we finished, we moved on to Hobby Lobby. It was fun walking around and shopping all the new spring decor. BF needed floss for "Welcome" and I needed additional red prints for the redwork.


Some bonuses . . . 


Valentine's was clearanced. I'll use this in the sheep quilt to compliment the cross stitched hearts.


 

"Buttercup" quilt squares

These were on the clearance wall. Two packages were marked down to $2.58 from $19.99 !!!!
I was very excited - 12 blocks for less than $6.00 !!!
I think it will be beautiful. I love the color choices - yellows, orange, greens and a teal blue. I can't wait to start stitching.

Next step, shopping my stash for coordinating fabrics.


 

Easter is just around the corner. We found these adorable little "chatkies". It seems that bumble bees are my new "thing" according to BF. And the little chick was just too cute.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute things from Hobby Lobby, and both sets of blocks look like so much fun. Are you trying to get me in more trouble? Lovely clearanced stitchery blocks, too. I'm so glad you had a day to play hooky!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow a play day!!! Sounds like you spent it in the best way possible - love all your goodies!