Saturday, January 27, 2018

Good start to the week???? . . . .

After what was a very rough start to my day and week, I moved along surprisingly well on Monday.

Honey Do had vehicle issues on the way to work, which required a tow to the repair shop. So by 7:30 a.m. I had three phone calls under my belt and was on the road.

I took Newton to school after Honey Do was deposited at work and then I had a doctor appointment for a long overdue check up.



Once I got home, it was just too nice out not to take Rocky for a walk - 55 degrees, unseasonably warm for January in my neck of the woods.

My goal, besides one garment to be mended (DONE), was my Growing Up quilt. All the blocks are sewn and quilted and just needed assembled. I discovered as I laid the blocks out I either needed to remove two of them or make two more so the quilt came out even.



Rocky, of course, doesn't think I need to work on the quilt.

I chose to make two new ones that allowed me to use scraps and do more machine quilting.

It was time consuming and puts me back a day (or three or four, now), but I think well worth it in the long run.

Unfortunately, my week got away from me. A simple doctor's appointments turned into hours one day (two and a half hour waiting for a 30 minute visit) and pre-admissions testing turned into a whole day of visiting several doctors. Add to that my normal responsibilities and the hours drifted away as did my time to work on projects.

It's the weekend again. We are all safe, relatively healthy and home where everyone should be (unless you are traveling and choosing to be away). What didn't get done during the week will get at least some attention over the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you days filled with kindness.



Verse of the Day


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 NIVUK

2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Yikes - the doctor's visit sounds like a nightmare. I hope everything's ok hon - Rocky is so cute, he just wants some attention, lol!

Susan said...

And now there's more snow! I hope that actually keeps you home at least a day. Best of luck, and I think you made the right growing up QAL decision. Rocky - what a dog!