Thursday, May 7, 2020

Creating a Quilted Legacy


On February 8, 2020, Paula Budinger passed away at the age of 79. 
Her passing was quick and unexpected.
I didn't know Paula, I didn't follow her blog.
She is still impacting my life.

I learned of Paula through her passing in March. I read about her on a few other blogs, you know how we all like to link things up :)

One blog led me to another and that one led me to another until I found myself touched and signing up for this hop.

How exactly does Paula impact my life?

She was a quilter.

She was a quilter with a generous heart.

She was a quilter with a very generous heart.

I want to be like Paula.

The purpose of this hop was to make a quilt and donate it in her honor.



That is quite a legacy.

That's very impactful.

In her passing, Paula is not only touching and impacting the lives of those of us who signed up for the hop, but the recipients of all the quilts that have been made and donated in her honor. Not to mention her generosity prior to her passing.

It has been my honor and privilege to participate.

Thank you Lorna @Sew Fresh Quilts and Janice @Color Creating and Quilting for hosting this very special event.

Please following the links to see who else was honoring Paula's legacy and participated in this hop over the past several days.

I humbly sent the following quilts in honor of Paula. Thank you for being such a humble servant and encouraging all of us to be the same.

 


Two baby quilts


A lap quilt


Both of these are donation quilts in association with Hands2Help.


And my chosen recipient. This organization helps kids in foster care, something near and dear to my heart.

I'm excited to have these done and hope to have a few more done before the end of the drive. 

Once the initiative is complete, I will check into providing these quilts to a local agency who will do the same in my area. I know there is a need. I'm looking to do more for my local community.

I also make doll quilts and doll gowns that are donated to A Doll Like Me.

 






Last year I made a dozen, this year I hope to at least double that number.

So the hop started on Wednesday, May 6 and goes through today, Friday, May 8. 

Below are the links to other participants. I plan to visit them to be uplifted and inspired by Paula's legacy and read about all the organization that touch our hearts and inspire us to do what we do.

And, as if that isn't enough, there are prizes !! Each time you visit a blog, make sure to leave a comment. Each comment left will be an entry into the prize drawing. The giveaway is open until May 15th. Prizes will be awarded after that date. 
Enjoy and good luck !!
A list of the prizes is at the bottom of this post.

I can only hope that Paula would be thrilled to know all these quilts being made and donated are in her honor.


Wednesday, May 6 

Thursday, May 7

Friday, May 8
Edi @ Edi’s Crafting Life - We are here ;)


Prizes!!
Sew Fresh Quilts, $50 gift certificate for her pattern shop.
Quilting Jetgirl, 2 PDF patterns of choice.
Needle and Foot, $25 certificate for her shop.
Figo Fabrics, A fat quarter bundle
A set of quilty gift cards from Initial Thought by DMF  Note cards set 1
Sugar Free Quilts, A pattern of choice
A $30 gift certificate for Doris, Cactus Queen Quilt Co
Canuck Quilter Designs - A PDF pattern of choice
$25 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop, donated by Janice Holton


Thanks for stopping by.


Don't worry about anything; 
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, thank him for all he has  done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. He will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 6-7




45 comments:

Sarah Aldrich said...

I have followed this project, what a wonderful legacy you all have created. sarahsgiftnship(at)gmail(dot)com

Paula said...

Thanks for being a part of this wonderful tribute to Paula B.

quiltingbydawn said...

What a nice tribute to Paula and her generous spirit. Those quilts will surely be loved!

cityquilter grace said...

such pretty quilts that will be loved and cuddled.......a real tribute to your friend

grammajudyb said...

A plethora of donated quilts! Great job, Edi! I especially like the nine patches surrounded by pink!

Nann said...

It's such a delight to see how many quilters Paula touched. Your bright bandanna quilt really stands out!

Judy J said...

Very cute quilts!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great quilts Edi, and a great tribute to Paula!

SallyC said...

Such a great tribute to Paula! Very nice quilts, I especially like your doll quilts and gowns.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

It’s wonderful how even in death Paula is touching peoples minds and their hearts. A wonderful array of quilts, thank you so much for your participation, Janice and I so appreciate it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your quilts are just perfect for their intended recipients, and I love that you participated even though you never knew Paula! I've also sent a quilt to A Doll Like Me in the past, and that reminds me that I have a couple more to send!

Susan said...

Great tribute to go with the donation quilts

Kathleen said...

A wonderful way to commemorate a fellow quilter and contribute to Hands2Help! Perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad you joined us for the Hop! Paula definitely fostered a spirit of generosity. Your lovely donations prove that!

Susan said...

Lovely quilts you made in Paula's honor. I have a heart for foster kids too.

Kathryn said...

Such good deeds by such good people. It's heartwarming. Thanks for sharing.

Linda in PA said...

I love the baby quilts!

Sharon Aurora said...

I didn't know Paula either, but as I am learn about her through this blog hop, I wish I had known her. So many generous quilters honoring her memory will bring much comfort to her loved ones.

Your quilts are so pretty.

barbara woods said...

great think your girls are doing

Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com said...

This hop has been a wonderful way to honor Paula.

Bquilting said...

Thanks for honoring Paula with your lovely quilts!

Hannah said...

You've put together a lovely remembrance with the quilts you are donating. Thank you for sharing them with us.

JanineMarie said...

I love how Paula's influence is touching quilters who did not know her when she blogged. You have made a lovely batch of quilts that will keep her spirit of generosity going.

Linda said...

I didn't know Paula either but I was so honored to be included in the hop for her. Yes I want to be like Paula too.
Your quilts are just darling! Did I spy zig-zag quilting in the ditch on the one? That is what I recently did, and I just love the effect!

Louise said...

What sweet, happy quilts! And going to such good charities, too. I admire the work of both A Doll Like Me and Little Lambs. I'm sure your fun quilts will make kids smile :)

Kathy S. said...

Paula was a very generous quilter. I remember her well from the RSC.

KaHolly said...

Paula most certainly would be thrilled! Your quilts are going to be cherished.

Susie H said...

I am sure Paula is THRILLED with all the donation quilts her birthday has inspired. The recipients of your quilts will be thrilled too and feel so loved!

Kathy E. said...

Your baby quilts are so pretty and will hold someone's little blessing very soon...what a sweet thought! I've always wanted to make doll quilts and I need to look into that organization for donating. Every little girl needs her dolly to have a quilt! Paula would be so happy with your projects!
duchick at gmail dot com

Jollygirl said...

What a wonderful tribute to Paula. Thank you for participating in this hop.

Carol Andrews said...

Such an abundant batch of pretty quilts to be sent to worthwhile charities. Thank you for sharing!

margaret said...

so good that you read about Paula and was able to take part, lovely quilts you have made in her memory

GranChris said...

I am sure she is smiling down on all of you over these wonderful quilts.

Delaine said...

Wow - you have made a lot of quilts, all to be given to worthy charities. Thank you.

sue s said...

Oh, you have been very generous indeed! I read Paula's blog occasionally and, I, too have been touched by her.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I didn't know Paula either but it's wonderful to see all the amazing tributes throughout this hop. I'm sure she must be so happy to know that everyone is honoring her in such a way. Thank you for having us over for a visit.

Nona said...

Thanks so much for sharing your love for charitable giving. Your quilts are great and will be loved.

Susan said...

I'm sure that Paula would be thrilled with the hop, would have joined in the hop, and would approve of what you've done here. That's a wonderful batch of quilt donations! Thanks for all you do, Edi. You're an inspiration, too.

MissPat said...

Thanks for participating. You clearly are a prolific quilter and already support many worthy projects.

Val said...

Thanks for contributing! Lovely

Beth said...

This blog hop has caused me to consider the legacy I would leave behind if I died today. I would be honored if the life I have lived would inspire other people to participate in acts of charity.

Moira said...

Great quilts!

Kathy said...

Your baby quilts are lovely. The foster child organization is a worthy cause.

Janice Holton said...

What an awesome participant you were in this memorial for Paula! You honored her spirit of giving without even knowing her. I loved your post and am so grateful to have you participate! You sure are a prolific quilter!

Emily said...

What lovely quilts to honor Paula!