Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Some Ups and Downs

My week started out a little rough.

My kitchen sink decided to spring a leak. 
Saturday evening, of course.


Honey Do spent the majority of Sunday morning trying to figure out where. He finally did, parts ordered, just have to wait for them to arrive.

In the meantime, we got to spend some quality time together. We've been walking almost daily, sometimes twice.


And Sunday afternoon was gorgeous enough after our walk to just sit and relax for a little while. I took advantage of all the time we had because Monday he went back to work full time.

That affords me more time at home to spend with the sewing machine. Newton will be pounding the pavement in an effort to get some kind of employment until some other things come together for him because of school shut downs for the rest of the year. He graduates, so he needs to move on and no time like the present. Putting it off isn't changing anything, he is finally coming to realize. And in our unsolicited opinions, something is better than nothing.

I kept myself busy sewing as well over the weekend and Monday.


A dozen plus face masks were made. Some for clients of Honey Do's, some just because.


My first Stitch 52 block is done. This is a collection of 52 small stitcheries that come four per month. They are pre-printed, so no drawing, just stick and stitch. They are quick and very satisfying.


On to goals, the first one is done. A doll quilt from fabric I won while shopping :) These are the leftover blocks from a baby quilt I'm working on from the same bundle.


And a quick, fun little project called the Kitchen "Boa". Cute fabric in the middle with kitchen towels on the ends to make kitchen duties a little easier. I'm adding this to my gift cupboard and intend to make more.

Are things opening up more in your area? They are here. Can't say I'm overly thrilled about it. A lot of places are opening too soon and paying for it with more virus spread and cases. Ohio is opening slowly and I'm ok with that. There are still things that are in short supply or non-existent, like toilet paper, sanitizers, meat. I even had trouble finding yeast, but did eventually.

What have you missed during shut downs?
I live in a big city where everything was nearby and readily available, not so much now.

What have you liked about being "grounded"? 
I have loved how much time I have been able to spend with my family, although at times is has been tense and stressful, but for the most part enjoyable. Honey Do and I have had wonderful conversations, spent time shopping and preparing meals. Have had conversations with Newton about the future, his plans and ours. My house is cleaner :) I've been able to do a lot more sewing than I have in the past. I'm reading more.

There is still a lot of positives in our lives, enjoy your many blessings.

Hope you all have a good, productive week.
Stay safe and healthy.

Thanks for stopping by.


Don't worry about anything; 
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, thank him for all he has  done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. He will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 6-7




2 comments:

dq said...

I really like the idea of your "Kitchen Boa". It sounds very useful!

I hope Newton finds a job in these trying times. Did he just graduate from High School or college? It is hard enough to grow up but more so in these trying times.
Thanks for the scriptures. I love them, and enjoying reading your spiritual thoughts. I love that there really are God fearing people out there.

Susan said...

I have enjoyed not having to do things outside the house. No matter when the opening up occurs, there is bound to be an uptick in cases because more people are exposed to what's out there. We are opening up - Knox is on the leading edge of timing for our state, but we also have been low in cases and high in recovery. I think it's time for the economy. Much longer and we will be in real trouble to try coming back to normal.

The things you are doing are very productive. I was happy to hear this week that Newton has found something to stay busy doing. I feel bad that he isn't going to experience a regular graduation, but having a job will make it a good transition time.