Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Night With Friends . . .


Well, this one went on without me . . . I forgot :(

However, I did have a rather productive Friday :)


My first swap block is packed and on it's way to Utah :)


The mailman arrived with a package today - I have finally acquired Leanne Beasley's Down in the Garden. I've been trying to get my hands on this for about a year. Marlene from Winnepeg was kind enough to let me purchase her's now that she's done with them. Very excited. This is on the books for next year between finishing my UFOs which are priority.


Monday, Jenny of Elefantz is beginning a 5-day tutorial with a free pattern. These are the fabrics I've chosen to work my project. I know I said I wasn't going to add anyting new, but when Jenny has something it's really hard to ignore :)

 

While I shopped for the Christmas fabric I found a couple more remnant sets. I was surprised when I opened the orange and yellow pack to find that it was grilling and "Texas" themed. I thought I was getting something autumn/halloween. I will have to come up with something cute for my sister-in-law in Texas :)

Not sure what I'm going to do with the blues either, but really liked them and they all have touches of gold :)

* * * * *

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a productive weekend.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a scrap bag lover (not that I need to buy any, since I could stuff about a hundred with my own!) and you just never know what's inside, do you? That will be so much fun, though! Maybe big mitts? I missed Friday night sewing completely, too. I'm pleading too many things on my mind. What do you think? Will that excuse hold water? =) Love the patterns you got. Is that going to take the place of the Bethlehem patterns? I may wind up making that quilt one of these days - without the center block, since I didn't get it. But I can come up with something.

Phyllis said...

I love the material that was in my mail when I received the "swap block" sewing machine today. Did you send it on perhaps? If so I will put it to good use. If not I will send it back. I checked your blog and saw that you have shown it on your blog. You are great. Thanks again for the beautiful sewing machine and the nice work. You are an artist!
Phyllis in Utah