Thursday, October 30, 2014

Retreats

 




  





I'm sure that caption brings up images of hotels, eating out, spending time with friends doing your favorite crafts. I've done several scrapbooking retreats with my sister, as a day away and weekends. We both enjoyed them very much.

But I have a friend, who decided she needed a retreat from the computer. So she is taking this week to play catch up with her projects and only spending time on the computer to answer emails that can't wait and post to her blog.

My question is, can I spend that much time away from the computer? It's not that I can't. I know that I can, but am I really willing? Most of my computer time is spent playing silly games on Facebook. Honestly, get into cycles where I spend waste a lot of time playing games. Then there are those times, and I feel myself getting close, when I get bored with the games and either look for new ones or just don't  play them. So if I'm going to take time away, now is probably a good time. Also, November is coming. That means Christmas gift sewing, most of which is still only in the planning stages. Every year I promise myself that I'm not going to go into the holidays all stressed out by what still needs done - yet again this year, I don't have nearly done what needs to be done.

So, I think I'm going to take a page out of my friend's book and take some time off from the computer beginning Saturday, November 1. Let's see how much I can accomplish.

Who's going to join me ?

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

No comments: