Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Busy, busy season

As I spend the few last days before Christmas finishing up my gifts and wrappings, I'm finding there's more to do than just that. I made these little ornaments out of supplies leftover from my Sunday School class. Those children really enjoyed making these and I thought they would be adorable on my packages to my great nephews and niece. 
These packages were all delivered to Mom's as Newton and I went to spend the day with her to help finish readying her home for the masses to decend on Christmas Eve. Mom hosts and makes dinner for all of us. I have tried convincing her for years that it should be her gift to us, but so far she doesn't believe that it is enough. But it is plenty. She puts on quite the spread :) And there are SO many of us these days: 24 with possibly a few more :) I can't wait to see all the kids and one I haven't seen since he was 18 months old (except in pictures) because he lives with his dad and doesn't usually get to spend the holiday with us.

Mom lives in a rural area and has a neighbor who has chickens and turkeys that are taking over the neighborhood. They came for a visit and Newton spent some time with them between helping me clean.


There's not much new crafting going on this week, just finishing up what's already started.


This however, is for a new project. Jenny of Elefantz is beginning a new series in January. My fabric arrived on Monday. It's beautiful and I can't wait to get started. You can get the details here.
The best part - it's free :)


Honey Do begins vacation Christmas Eve. So I'm going to be spending the next little while with my family. I'll check in when I can. It's the holidays, so we'll all be busy, hopefully, with our loved ones.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a blessed New Year.

(Image - from internet)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute package decorations. Your mom has more energy that I do. I might manage a pot luck - except there's no room in my house for 24 people! But that's okay, there are only 3 of us anyway. =) Merry Christmas. Let blogging wait.