Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Night With Friends


It's the first Friday of the month and that means FNWF :)

But first, how the rest of my day went:)

I have a birthday coming up - urgh !! But, there are benefits :)



My father-in-law thought I "needed" one of these. Guess I will be playing this weekend in the kitchen:) It's a very thoughtful gift :)


 

Honey Do and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary soon. So I went to Trader Joe's and found some specialty food items to help us celebrate and while I was out, I decided to check out a couple of "new to me" quilt shops. The first one was in a small community and it was all decorated for Christmas.

Some of my absolutely favorite shops are housed in old homes that no one lives in any more. This one was no exception :)


Isn't it sweet? I absolutely love it and it was as sweet inside as it was outside. I have every intention of going back and making it a regular visit.

This store had a second location.


And they let me know about a block of the month they have going. I LOVE this idea. If you pick the block up the first Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday of each month, the block is at no charge with any other purchase. Otherwise, it is $3.00. So I was purchasing fabrics to make fat quarters and purchased the first block I missed and the second block qualified for no charge :) This is a kit, so the fabric is included with the pattern.  There were two color choices:  Earthtone (which you see on the pattern) and batiks.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE batiks, so that's what I chose. There are 12 blocks. So looking forward to making this one.


So on to my FNWF . . . 

1.  Bethlehem

2.  Christmas sewing

3.  Make fat quarters


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.




No comments: