Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Taking a deep breath

I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately. I always have plans to get so much done, but because of of how long things always take and going to mom's, things just didn't pan out.

I'm definitely not complaining. I work on projects as much as I can and try to have had work available when I'm just not able to sit at the machine.

Tuesday started out rough. I wasn't feeling 100%, so the morning was pretty quiet. Once my stomach settled and I ate something, I was able to work on my Growing Up quilt. 



This isn't the best photo, but you get the idea.
 I just want it done. I've been trying to finish it for five weeks now.

So I spent my Tuesday working on it. 


And other than hand sewing the binding - - - 
IT'S DONE!!!


I also worked on the second CQJP2018 block and am making good progress I think.




I still have work to do on the first block, but these ideas hit and I wanted to do them before I forgot. There will still be some bead work added, but not yet.
 

And one final finish . . . 

This plastic canvas cube is for the children's program in my Bible study. I started it at the beginning of last summer. When we took the carpet up in July, I put it away and promptly forgot about it. It was finally time for it to reappear and get finished. This is one project I won't miss.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.

Verse of the Day

Jesus looked at them and said,‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’ 
 
Matt. 19:26 NIVUK
 
 


2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh Edith I have the same thing. I think I need to stop writing lists - they make me feel so guilty, lol! I hope you're feeling better hon, no fun when you're not feeling well.
Your quilt is just gorgeous, well done girl, plug in a good movie and enjoy stitching the binding!! That's my favorite part, I think! The quilt keeps me warm while I bind it, lol. I love your stitching on your crazy quilt project, so gorgeous!!!! You do meticulous work!

Susan said...

Hey, you two! Don't quit writing lists, just don't worry when they aren't finished. Plan for there to be something to carry over so you are never without something to do. =) Edi, I love your feather stitching - it's my favorite stitch anyway, and this looks so pretty as an edging. The center is really interesting and very attractive, too. Congratulations on being down to only the binding to go on Growing Up. I consider that finished! What is the cube for? Storage?