Sunday, December 1, 2019

Advent


First Advent Sunday

This should be one of the happiest times of the year. I wish I could say that it is my favorite, but it's really not. 


My young adulthood to mid 30s was spent working retail. It wasn't fun. People are rude and nasty and everyone thinks their time is more important that everyone else's.

I love Christmas for other reasons . . .

snow

lights

music

Jesus' birthday


So I don't go shopping . . . much. We have decided to pare our gift giving way down.
I don't bake a lot of cookies, because we don't eat a lot of them. And mom makes enough to feed a third world country :)

I've decided to accept a challenge and add a few of my own.

The challenge can be found here.


Susan invites us every year to participate or encourages us to find something on our own that we are passionate about. I'm going to join her this year because I feel good about what she does and supports and she is such an encouragement and inspiration to me.

I'm also going to continue some of the goals I set at the beginning of the year - Susan's inspiration as well - and continue with making doll gowns, doll quilts and baby quilts.

I spent the weekend working on some charitable sewing (another challenge from a group I belong to).


Doll gowns

I had them already cut out. I sewed them together on Friday and Saturday. There are a 13 that just need to be hemmed and they are done. I have to cut out more to continue sewing.

These are all pink because those are the donation fabrics I recieved. I'm going to have to go through mine stash and see what other colors I have and can share.


I finished two doll quilts. I have a third that just needs binding and I have several more cut out and ready to go.

I don't know if I'll be able to do one of each of these a day during December, but I will do my best. I would love to send the box before the end of the month.

There are lots of holiday themed events. Here are some that I'm trying to participate in:

 Thermoweb

 hugs and kisses


Check out Susan's blog for more inspiration this Advent season. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.



Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:21 NIVUK






2 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What sweet doll clothes and blankets. Susan has me inspired also! I love your posts and Christian sayings - powerful!

You are correct on people. Here in South Texas I have no luck in finding nice quilters to pal around with, so I spend all my time with my hubby! We do everything together in our Studio that we built after we retired 20 years ago! Hard to believe! We both worked 38 years I in Federal Service (talk about nasty) and he in the SA Fire Dept. which was a very stressful job. So we both love retirement away from the stress!

I encourage to continue on with your project and hoping that I can keep up with the Advent project. Hugs

Susan said...

13 in one weekend! Woohoo, Edi! I hadn't seen the final tally, plus doll quilts. Amazing job! The inspiration goes in both directions. Or is that egging on? LOL That block I'm doing is so fast - cutting squares and rectangles for the 12" blocks is fast, and sewing them, even faster. I sewed four in one hour today. And that was with ripping out two seams, because I sewed the long side instead of the short one. =P