Thursday, December 26, 2019

Swaps and Gifts


With Christmas in the history books, I felt like I was as ready as I could have been. I finished my shopping over the weekend, and with school out for the next two 
weeks, the plan is to stay home as much as possible.

A trip outside with the pups on Monday found two packages waiting for me. One expected, the other not.

Susan's surprise Christmas box!!


All these wonderful things in one box !!!

 

A magnet, pretty pins, a soy candle, a tasty little cookbook and Christmas teas :)

 

A pretty little notebook. How cute is the pig pouch that contained these notions?


A bundle of coordinating fabrics tied with a bit of mini ricrac !!


And this sweet little snowman ornament that made it to the tree immediately :)

God has truly blessed me with my friendship with Susan. Not because of the goodies, but because the greatest gift we share is our love of Jesus Christ. This is just a small reminder of that shared faith and love.

The second box . . . 

I agreed to participate in a "Gnome" swap with one of my facebook groups.

Sharon's Gnome Box

 

Two little gnome ornaments and a big gnome that Sharon made. I just love him.


Gnome fabric. This is laying on my sewing table trying to come up with just the perfect project to use this on. Just so cute !!!


And salt and pepper shakers. Cute !!!

I'm still working on her swap items. I have until mid January, although I would really like to have them done before that.

Shoebox Swap 



 





My partner -was so very generous, I am overwhelmed.
Fabrics, notions, chocolate and hot chocolate.
Can't wait to start playing with those fat quarters. I think i have decided on a design and pattern.


Fun mail ??

 

This popped up on my facebook page. I jumped on it !!

"It's brand new, some of the pages are still in the original cellophone wrapping.
Complete, nothing missing.
$50.00 !!!! including postage." 


What ! ! ! !

No, wait ! ! ! 

The seller and her mom purchased two of these years ago to work on together. Mom ended up moving in, and they worked from one book. Sadly, Mom has passed away and obviously they don't need both books. Mom was also a quilt shop owner, so there are more goodies to shop. I can't wait to pull fabric and start this quilt !!!

Unfortunately, things aren't always as they seem.

I went through the book thoroughly because pages weren't in order. I am less thrilled at the moment. 

I pulled out the wrapped pages, they are from other collections.
I put pages in order under the tabs they belong. I'm estimating that I don't even have half of the book.

I made a thorough accounting of what I received and what is missing, then I sent an email to the seller. That was Christmas eve.

Today, I sent a message on facebook. Timing is bad because of the ho!iday, but if you are a seller you should be checking messages and emails. I'm not sure how long i have before i can file a dispute. I will have to check. I really wanted this book 😢

Thanks or stopping by,

-ishing you a day -illed -ith the things that make and keep you happy.


But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:57 NIVUK


1 comment:

Susan said...

Your boxes all looked fabulous! I'm so sorry about the BOM book! I hope the seller makes it right. For that price, it ought to be! I wonder if she mailed you the wrong one. Wow. All the other stuff was good, though!