Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hump day

lived up to its reputation today. I had a problem with a tire beginning on Saturday morning. I didn't know I was having issues until my car told me to check my tire pressure. The driveway into the library is really narrow and I've been hitting the curb, so I assumed it was that tire. It wasn't !! In fact, the tire that was the issue had been cut with a small, straight edged knife and ended up needing replaced. This was an expense I really didn't need and would much rather have spent the $200 plus on fabric !!

Anyway . . . since the tire had to be ordered and I didn't have my car all day, I had the extreme pleasure of staying home - ALL DAY :)
Today was sunny and trying to warm up. We got into the upper 40s which is definitely better than the mid 30s . . . and snow (which you can still see in the fore ground because that part of my house gets no sun, so it will require the warmer temperatures to melt it). I'll take the sunshine and green grass.

Blocks 5 and 6 are completely finished on the Little Stitches. 

The white is almost completely filled in, the only block left is the flying geese, then the dark grey "sashing".
What do you think of my "sashing"? I'm really liking the way it is setting off each "block".

I went from using a small hoop to mounting my fabric on stretcher bars. I sit at my desk and stitch because that's where my best lighting is and found that propping the frame up in the drawer allowed me to work with both hands. I'm getting a lot more done in a shorter period of time. As I move along I pull out the basting threads because they just get in my way.

I also found time to start a new project - Tilda's House quilt. It's just a small lap quilt and will be done in soft spring colors to hang over the back of my chair.

I found this adorable doll posted on Facebook. I would love to find a pattern for her. Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen? It was definitely love at first sight for me. :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

(posted by Moda Fabrics on Facebook)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doll has the sweetest little face. $200 for one tire? Wow!

e said...

I just love her and she makes me want to make one. I haven't made one since Christmas and getting the itch :)
Yes, isn't it ridiculous Imagine the fabric we could have purchased with $200 !!