Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mid-week motivatioin

Today started out really rough . . . the brand new alarm clock didn't go off and we got moving 45 minutes later than usual. The only one this really stresses out is Honey Do because it starts his whole day off wrong. Me . . . I just go with the flow. I took care of the dogs, packed lunches and got Newton off to school.

It's raining and chilly today. A good day to get some chores and crafting done. So in between chores, that's what I did.

First up, one of my Christmas gifts.

Making progress, I'm on the second skein of yarn.

Next, I started the next block of Bethlehem.
This is Block 6
Next up, the Tilda quilt blocks.
I had to stop, I ran out of floss. :(

I did prepare a couple more with some modifications. 
The blocks seemed to be too big, so I added some additional appliques to them.

And finally, Quilt Doodle :)
This is Block 2. It's going together a lot faster and more precise than Block 1 did. I should be able to finish it tomorrow.


I ordered some fabric the end of last week . . . it arrived today :)
It's part of a bundle revealed here. The bundle was all fat quarters and I don't usually buy bundles because I don't know what to do with them. So I did some searching and found that I could purchase them by the yard, so I chose my two favorites and got a yard of each. You can purchase either or both here.

It's been a good day, albeit, a little soggy.
It's been raining off and on since Tuesday evening. Just steady, nothing severe. But there's a lot of water standing and draining from the back yard again.

I had to run out for bread last night and found these beauties on a clearance table at the grocery store.
I love spring bulbs.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.





No comments: