Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Show and tell

BFF and I try really hard to get together at least every other week. This was that week :) It was a good day to do it. It rained off and on all morning, so neither of us had to choose between a visit and trying to get some yard work and gardening done.
We met at our usual meeting place - McDonald's. We catch each other up on what we've been working on since our last visit. Lucky girl finished a quilt. We started them almost two years ago. Hers is done, I'm still trying to decide how to finish mine, which translates into I really don't want to work on it just yet :)
Once we finished sharing and eating and visiting, we ran to the local craft/fabric store. It's a local company but they've gotten pretty big so it's convenient but not necessarily our first or favorite choice. Today I did find a few pieces to add to my collection.
The two blacks and small grey print were only $2.50/yard, so I got a yard of each to add to my stash.
 
"He is Risen" was an Easter clearance. I hadn't seen it on any of my other trips. Convenience makes it easy to go to this store, so I go fairly frequently. Anyway, I have a project in mind for this one.

I'm going to incorporate it in this design by Jenny of Elefantz. She has very generously given this pattern to us at not cost. You are linked up, just click on her name.


 
Once I got home, I worked on this pin cushion/caddy. I'd painted this several weeks ago and have finally put it together. The black/white fabric is one I picked up today. It's made from a paper box. The lid had a raised butterfly, but I didn't like it, so this was a great way to cover it and get something very functional out of it. It's also going to be a Christmas gift and go along with a larger box that will hold basic sewing supplies. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


No comments: