Friday, November 21, 2014

Best laid plans. . .

I have to be completely honest today. This is not my favorite time of the year. And worse, I'm not really sure when my feelings toward the holidays changed. It has become a very stressful time with lots of pressures to be places . . . and do things . . .  and expectations . . . and I just want to crawl in a hole and say call me when it's spring again.

This week has gotten away from me again with all it's additional demads of places to go, things to do and unexpected events that we all have to face and deal with when you have family members that need your attention. But to that end, it is time for


Visit Wendy and check in and then we have the rest of the weekend to see what our fellow crafters have been up to.

As for me, I've decided that FNSI is a really good time to review my monthly goals and see where I'm at toward accomplishing them. And so my FNSI always starts on Friday mornings and continues throughout the day. Usually by Friday, the majority of the big chores are done and I just have some odds and ends to do that I do daily anyway. So it works out well and gives me some much earned "me" time.

My days always start out with my Bible study.


It works best for me to accomplish it first thing in the morning and sets the tone for my entire day. This is an organized study so I have notes and questions and homework. Helps me stay focused and accountable. It's hard to participate in a group setting if you didn't do your homework :)


My FNSI to-do list:

Finish two baby quilts
Bethlehem block #11

My November goal list:

Finish two baby quilts
Bethlehem block #11
inventory Christmas gifts list


It looks like short lists, but I'm sure it's more than enough to keep me busy.


Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative FNSI 

:)




2 comments:

Melody said...

So sorry to hear life is a bit overwhelming at the moment. Hope your sewing gives you a little chance to stop and breathe.

Hanna said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling great but great to see that you have taken steps to change it.
Hope you did get some sewing done yesterday.