Sunday, November 2, 2014

Saturday - Retreat Day 1


Christmas 9s reaady to sew.


And ready for the swap and mail.

 

BFF has a birthday in October. Unfortunately I had an appointment that day that I absolutely could not get out of so we haven't been able to get together. This was a panel at JoAnn's and I walked away from it the first time, but ended up going back and getting it. She loves aprons and I just thought this would be fun for the season. I can't wait to get it to her.


The problem with 9-patches is they are fun and addicting !! I had just a few of these prints leftover from the VBS quilt and wanted to do something with them but didn't know what. Then I joined a group that swaps 9-patches and the creative juices start flowing.  I don't stash solids because I use them as soon as I get them, so I needed to get coordinating solids for this new project. I think it will make an adorable through for my 4 year old great niece using primary colors.

* * * * *


About 5 p.m. I ran to JoAnn's to get some notions and fabrics to finish/start these projects. It has been cold, rainy and even attempting to snow (which is really early for us). Temperatures didn't get above 40 and the furnace has been turned on. The whole day looked like this. It was perfect timing to start my retreat.

I hope your day was a good one and as productive as mine.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love both sets of nines. =) That is an adorable Halloween project, too. You were really busy on day one!