Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wednesday - Retreat Day 5

Today is the "Quilt Sandwiching Party" with BFF, her mom and a new guilty friend :) So in anticipation of that, dinner is in the crock pot . . .



laundry is started . . .


supplies and gifts are packed and ready to go.


Nina checked it twice to make sure :)

* * * * *

Five of us, including BFF's dad, worked on two quilts sandwiching and basting.

 

 

The first one is about a king size the BFF machine pieced, hand appliqued and will hand quilt. She will put it on the quilting frame by the end of the week and is hoping to have the quilting done by January. In the meantime, she will finish another quilt that can be sandwiched and put on the frame when this one comes off.

The second quilt is mine :)


The Tilda quilt has been sandwiched and basted. Now I have to decide how I'm going to quilt it and move on to the step. So very excited to have it this far.

* * * * *

There is almost nothing better than coming home to gifts in your mail box :)

 

I received not only Christmas 9s, but two new blocks to add to my "love blocks" stash. Thank you, KTJ. These sweet ladies have taken it upon themselves to send me extra blocks they have because I haven't done this long enough to have my own. I've decided theey should be called "love blocks" because you have to love the person you are sending them too or you would keep them for yourself. I love this group of women that I get to talk to daily and share all these fun projects with.

* * * * *

And on that note, I am off to stitch on Bethlehem.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.








1 comment:

Deanna said...

I love stuffed peppers and never have them because Husband is phobic (nearly) about green peppers. Oh, well. He is good for many other things. Your projects are lovely. Welcome to the Shoebox Exchange.

Deanna