Monday, April 6, 2015

1 . . . 2 . . .3 . . .


Spring break is over and school began again today.
That meant I should have gone back to my normal routine . . .
but I didn't :)

I took the day off and ran some errands . . . 
Got a breakfast sandwich and coffee and delivered it to Honey Do at work . . . 
I did some shopping . . . fabric remnants and the thrift store.

 

Seven pieces - less than $3.00 :)
I had a 50% off coupon :) 
Very, Very happy !!

The weekend was very productive too, given that it was a Holy weekend in the Christian calendar.
We celebrated Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. Mom came over for dinner and we had a very relaxing afternoon.


I caught up my Vintage Kitchen stitchery. Aren't these the cutest things you've ever seen?
It's not too late to jump on this band wagon if you haven't made the decision yet. The patterns are free and you can find them on Jenny's blog.


This is another pattern from Jenny, but it came from her magazine that she's unfortunately had to discontinue publishing. It was a monthly block. I took liberty with the finishing and made it my own. This isn't completely finished yet - still pins in the binding, but it will be finished Monday or Tuesday. This is my UFO goal for the month. I worked on it all weekend, beginning Friday evening. I'm absolutely in love with it and can't wait to show it to you completed. 


I found this stencil with my fabric remnants at our local fabric shop - not to be confused with a quilt shop - but fell in love with them. Aren't they adorable? I'm thinking about using them in the sashing and corner stones of the House quilt. They just fit !!


I joined a Tilda needlebook swap. Got my partner's name last weekend and couldn't be happier. The fabric and pins arrived today from Australia. I haven't found a source in the U.S. for Tilda fabrics yet - if anyone knows of one, I'd love for you to share the information. My partner doesn't particularly care for blue, so I chose a cream floral and a bluish sage to coordinate. Hope it works :)

 


My final block for the Quilter's Garden Mystery swap arrived today. I love it. I was thrilled to see how many participants use a "tree" appropriate fabric for their trees. Next up - the finishing.

So it's been a good weekend and I'm ready to get back into my routine. Temperatures are in the upper 50s this week, but rain. So may be time to begin the spring cleaning. Next week will be soon enough to get outside and start that clean up.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



3 comments:

Wendyb said...

You HAVE been busy!!! Looking great and the Tilda's are gorgeous, it doesn't matter what you choose it will be perfect! I had to giggle as I thought the dots on your binding were a special embellishing treatment you'd given it.....before I read they were pins!!! duh! I MUST pick up my new glasses this week! hahaha
yes BREATHE is the order of the day!
love n sugary sweet smackas!
xoxoxo :o)

Anonymous said...

You've really had a productive time of it - love your shop finds. Must have been nice to get out alone after a week of so much togetherness. =) You have been such a finisher lately!

dq said...

It looks like you have a lot of projects in the works just like the rest of us. Thanks for posting them as I always enjoy visiting your blog.

I will be browsing as the Quilter's Garden quilts come together into quilt tops.