Saturday, June 6, 2015

Life

Sometime it's a beautiful thing. . . 



The baby robins have hatched in my rhodedendrun. So small and helpless, just waiting for the next feeding :)


I'm spending my Saturday sewing these adorable, simple little skirts that are part of a missionary effort at my church.


I am so happy and excited to be part of this mission. It's such a small thing to be able to do and even though I'll never know the recipients, it doesn't matter. Just know that I'm part of something much bigger to try and make somone else's life better.

But life is also filled with much sadness and hurt. And I've had to experience that again this week. It's been a hard year so far. 

In January, we lost my best friend's mom.


In May, I lost a fellow Sunday School teacher and good friend.


All of the adjectives used in this photo are more than accurate. She was an angel among us.

And this week, I suffered another one.

This one wasn't human.....


This less than a pound of fluff and sweetness died in my arms on Friday. We're not really sure what was wrong because none of us could figure it out, including the vet. He wasn't well when I got him and we did our best to save him, it just wasn't meant to be. He was much loved and will be greatly missed.

 


 




Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.




5 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh sweetheart.....my heart is breaking for you. So much loss, including your sweet pupper. I am so, so sorry, hon.....

dq said...

Edith, I am so sorry for your recent and not so recent losses. I hope you will feel the Lord's comfort. Love ya, Deana

Wendyb said...

Oh Edi honey, I am soo soo sad for you...I know how much this little guy meant to you. He was placed in your arms for a reason....you were his strength sweetheart. Really wish I could give you a big big hug. So sorry for your loss. love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your colleague, but also for the loss of your little puppy. I know how hard you tried with that one. The skirt is so cute. How wonderful that you are involved in that.

KERYN B said...

How lucky he was to have someone who loved him so much when he was so unwell and in his final days. What a sweet soul you are...