Friday, June 12, 2015

Mom's day

It's Thusday, so that means I'm at mom's today. :) It stopped raining, so I had sunshine on the 40 minute ride. I'm listening to a pretty good book, so it's a pleasant ride (and usually my only time to "read").

We cleaned out a couple of cupboards and purged pots and pans and Corning cookwear. Then on to clean some of her windows. She's inspired me to do some of my own cleaning. So this morning, while Newton was getting ready for school, I cleaned the kitchen window. 



I made a list of all the other windows to be cleaned and will tackle them at a rate of at least a room per day. Then I will tackle a couple of cabinets I've been wanting to reorganize. We had a very nice visit.

* * * * * 


I spent Thursday evening and Friday morning cutting out paper crafts for Vacation Bible School next month. It's time to get organized and start preparing the sample crafts. I met with a co-worker this morning and she and I organized and cleaned up our Sunday School supplies and teaching materials. She will also be helping me with the VBS crafts. 

* * * * *

 

I finished my morning session at church, I went back in the afternoon to help assemble the bulletins, I stopped at the local grocer to get dinner. We  Honey Do decided that with the high humidity and temperatures (92F) that I didn't need to cook and add to the heat and humidity in the house. So he wanted sushi. This sweet, young man made a special order for Honey Do. Isn't it beautiful? 
I don't eat sushi or sashimi, but Honey Do could live off the stuff !!!!
:)

* * * * *

And the rains, finally - and again - came.


We got a couple of rounds come through this afternoon. We got a really nice soaking, the power stayed on and the temperatures and humidity finally dropped a bit. The relief is greatly apprciated.


And the birds are grateful for a full bath with fresh water. The flowers and weekds aren't complaining either. All this rain and warm temperatures will put the weeds into over-drive, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy next week. The vegetable garden has been weeded. Tilling is next and then I can plant.  I'll weed the flower beds in between. 

* * * * * 


Weekend plans are to sew more of these adorable skirts.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.








4 comments:

KERYN B said...

Lovely to spend time with your mum and nothing like it after a little rain has fallen..

Anonymous said...

You and your mom made a lot of progress. I have those same windows, some doubles, and I haven't cleaned them in the almost 4 years I've been here. They were pressure washed once. =) I know I should, but I really don't care, so I just keep looking out dusty windows.

We have missed all that lovely rain. I suppose at some point there will come some that doesn't go around us, but only one day of rain in the last couple of weeks. The weeds are still growing, though. LOL

The thing about sushi is it is always so pretty and it just tastes nasty to me. The last time I choked some down, I was on a Japan Airlines plane and didn't realize I was being offered raw fish. Ugh. I was 19 at the time. LOL

You seem to have VBS under control. =)

Allie-oops Designs said...

Sounds like a lovely visit with your mum! Oh I need to clean my windows - I was getting wasps in my sewing room window, and squirted them with dishsoap in a spray bottle. You can imagine what that's done to my view, lol. You sure do stay busy hon, I used to help teach Wednesday night at church and boy it took a toll on me even then. That sushi looks pretty but EWWWW!

dq said...

You have accomplished SO MUCH once again, Edi.