Monday, April 25, 2016

Frustration !!

I was and still am very excited with the progress being made on Wool BOM.


Came up with a plan to put the fancy border all the way to the outermost edge.

 

Got excited when I cut it out and it looked good !!!!

Pulled out my binding. Things started to go awry.
Binding that I made was cut on the grain and not the bias so it wasn't working because it just wouldn't follow those curves.
Drop back and punt. 
I went rummaging in my supplies and found a packaged of double-fold bias and went to work.


One more obstacle - I ran short so I had to stop :(

Monday I stopped at that local quilt shop and found bias binding by the yard - new discovery for me.
I bought 1/3 yard and went home and went back to work.

Not only did I get the binding on, but the hanger is made 

and . . . 


My Wool block of the month wall hangiing is officially finished !!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you countless blessings.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my last comment went in the wrong place. It's just that kind of day. LOL I love seeing your wool hanging up on the beautiful hanger from your BF and hung by your DH. A group effort! It really looks terrific.

Heidi said...

Wow, this turned out lovely!
I have never seen bias binding by the yard either!