Sunday, April 24, 2016

This . . . that . . . and then some . . .

I really hate being sick !!!

I've been dealing with coughing and a runny nose for the last two weeks and it doesn't seem to want to stop and just go away.

Consequently, most of the time I don't feel like doing anything !!!

I hate that feeling even more !!


So Friday afternoon, I went to the library to pick up Newton and while I was there decided I needed to look at some new craft books. I've probably checked most of these out at one time or another, but still wanted to look at some new projects.

I spent Friday evening purusing them while I tried to find something on Netflix to watch.

Saturday, I spent the afternoon and evening working on my wool. I did find something to watch . . .


The quilt is an excellant vehicle with which to tell the stories of the lives of the women that are important to this young bride. The quilt is stunning. 


In poking around the internet, I find that a pattern for the quilt is available.


So I purchased it. It's not my story, but it will still be a gorgeous quilt to make someday and remember the movie.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you countless blessings.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must not be getting all the post notifications, because I missed a lot of posts! That movie is one that Paul gave me years ago when it first came out, and I saw the other day that it is now on Netflix. It's in my queue to listen/watch again, while stitching. And I have that book in storage. =) You can make the quilt sometime and make it mean something different for you, so that it becomes your story, too. =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish! And the garden fence will be great. I hope that the chimes keep some of the birds and animals out of there. Do you have church on Sunday evening? Or were you preparing for next Sunday?