Monday, July 31, 2017

Day 3 of Remodel

My goals for Wednesday

- finish pulling tack strips (I think this is what they're called) - DONE

- vacuum floor - DONE

- wash floor - DONE

- clean window - DONE

- place area rug, if I can find time to shop and find one - DONE


- return furniture - still working on this one, I ran out of steam

WOW !! that was a busy day and I'm absolutely thrilled !! I have another room to do, but I can only do so much. The floors will have to be sanded and refinished eventually, but we want all the carpeted areas done first before we rent and get into that project.

I managed a fun little project.


This little chair was painted to represent crayons with the little black "ricrac" around the ends and was orange, blue, green and yellow. It went with a set that my sister purchased Newton when he was three or four for Christmas one year. This is the only surviving piece. I bought a can of spray paint and after just a few minutes achieved this adorableness.

The bunny has a tag that says she is an "original 30s". She's made from an old quilt and has raggedy, worn sections. I fell in love with her years ago and love her still. And don't they make wonderful additions to your decor? She just makes me smile :)

Mom is getting a visit on Thursday. Not sure how much I'll get done at my own home, but I still have some furnishings to put back in the dining room and I really want to get reacquainted with my sewing machine.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.

No comments: